Student Assistant Job Description Template
The Student Assistant will provide administrative and clerical support to the department. They will be responsible for answering phones, filing, data entry, and assisting with various projects as needed. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, be detail-oriented, and able to work independently.
Student Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Answer phones and take messages
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate office or individual
- Perform office duties such as filing, photocopying, etc.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order new supplies as needed
- Help with event planning and execution
- Assist with special projects as needed
- To provide administrative support to the academic department
- To assist with the organization and coordination of department events and activities
- To monitor and maintain department inventory
- To update and maintain department records and files
- To perform general office duties such as answering phones, filing, and data entry
Student Assistant Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required.