Data Entry Typist Job Description Template
A data entry typist is responsible for transcribing data from various sources into written form. This may include handwritten or typed documents, audio recordings, and digital files. The data entry typist must be able to type quickly and accurately, as well as have strong attention to detail in order to ensure all information is captured correctly. Excellent organization skills are also necessary in order to keep track of multiple sources of data and ensure deadlines are met.
Data Entry Typist Job Responsibilities
- Read and interpret data from a variety of sources
- Enter data into a computer database using defined protocols
- Proofread and correct entered data for errors and omissions
- Maintain accurate records of all entered data
- Generate reports on completed work tasks
- Update databases with new information as it becomes available
- To maintain a high accuracy rate while inputting data
- To work quickly and efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- To be able to follow instructions accurately
- To have a keen eye for detail
- To be able to work independently with little supervision
Data Entry Typist Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Data Entry Typist include excellent typing speed, accuracy, and attention to detail. Basic computer skills are also required.