Senior Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors. This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office, as well as handling all incoming calls and correspondence. The Senior Administrative Assistant also provides support to the organization's fundraising efforts by coordinating donor stewardship activities. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Executive Director.
Senior Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive assistants from other departments
- Coordinate projects as assigned by senior management
- To provide highlevel administrative support to senior executives in an organization.
- To manage and coordinate all aspects of executivelevel projects.
- To develop and maintain excellent communication channels between the senior executive and other members of the organization.
- To ensure that all deadlines are met and that projects are completed within budget and to the required standard.
- To liaise with internal and external contacts on behalf of the senior executive as required.
- To provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support, including managing diaries, correspondence, travel arrangements, meeting coordination, and preparing presentations and reports.
Senior Administrative Assistant Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Senior Administrative Assistant include: excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, attention to detail, and computer literacy. Additionally, a Senior Administrative Assistant should have several years of administrative experience in order to be successful in this role.