Secretary Job Description Template
A secretary is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of an office. They perform clerical and administrative tasks, such as answering phones, typing documents, and filing. A secretary may also be responsible for scheduling appointments and managing calendars.
Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Draft written responses or replies by phone or email when necessary.
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution.
- File and maintain paper and electronic documents and records.
- Research requested information using available resources.
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars for managers or supervisors as needed.. 8 Order office supplies as needed
- To provide administrative support to the team
- To take minutes of meetings and circulate them to relevant parties
- To manage the team's email inbox and respond to queries
- To schedule appointments and coordinate travel arrangements
- To maintain filing systems and update databases
- To prepare reports, presentations and correspondence
Secretary Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Secretary vary depending on the employer, but some basic requirements include excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as proficiency in office software such as Microsoft Office. Some employers may also require a minimum level of education, such as a high school diploma or equivalent.