Medical Office Specialist Job Description Template
The Medical Office Specialist will provide support to the medical office by performing a variety of administrative tasks. These tasks may include scheduling appointments, verifying insurance coverage, and handling patient inquiries. The Medical Office Specialist will maintain communication with patients, families, and other members of the healthcare team. They will also be responsible for maintaining medical records and ensuring that all office procedures are followed.
Medical Office Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Answering incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate party
- Scheduling appointments
- Checking patients in and out
- Updating patient records
- Filing insurance claims
- Billing patients and insurance companies
- To provide high quality administrative and clerical support to medical staff in a fastpaced environment.
- To manage patient records, schedules, and insurance information with accuracy and efficiency.
- To maintain a clean, organized, and professional office space.
- To greet patients with warmth and courtesy while providing them with prompt service.
- To answer telephone inquiries regarding office hours, appointments, procedures, etc., in a polite and helpful manner
Medical Office Specialist Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of medical office specialist include excellent customer service skills, strong communication and organizational skills, computer proficiency, and knowledge of medical billing and coding. Additionally, medical office specialists should be detailoriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.