Medical Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
The Medical Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the medical team. Duties will include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, handling billing and insurance paperwork, and answering patient questions. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as experience working in a medical office.
Medical Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Greeting patients and visitors
- Answering phone calls and routing them to the appropriate party
- Scheduling appointments
- Checking patients in and out
- Maintaining medical records
- Billing and coding insurance forms
- Assisting with office administration tasks
- To provide administrative support to medical staff and patients.
- To maintain accurate medical records.
- To schedule appointments and coordinate medical care.
- To handle billing and insurance matters.
- To promote a positive image of the medical practice.
Medical Administrative Assistant Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Medical Administrative Assistant vary depending on the employer, but typically include a high school diploma or equivalent, basic computer skills, excellent communication and customer service skills, and previous experience working in a medical office. Some employers may also require certification from an accredited administrative assistant program.