Hospital Registrar Job Description Template
The Hospital Registrar is responsible for the administration and management of the hospital. They are also responsible for the medical care of patients and for the supervision of medical staff.
Hospital Registrar Job Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate patient records
- File and retrieve patient medical records
- Schedule patients for appointments and surgeries
- Verify insurance coverage
- Check in patients for their appointments
- Answer phone calls and direct them to the appropriate department or personnel
- To provide accurate and upto-date patient registration information in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all required fields are completed during registration and that all necessary signatures are obtained.
- To verify insurance eligibility and benefits for all patients prior to their appointment or procedure.
- To collect copayments, deposits, and other payments as required by the facility's policies.
- To update patient records as needed and maintain confidentiality of all information in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
Hospital Registrar Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Hospital Registrar include:
- A medical degree from an accredited institution
- Completion of an accredited internship and residency program
- Eligibility for registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Demonstrated clinical skills and experience in a hospital setting