File Clerk Job Description Template
The File Clerk will be responsible for organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files. They will also be responsible for inputting data into the company's database, as well as retrieving information from the database when needed. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
File Clerk Job Responsibilities
- Maintain and organize physical and electronic files
- Create new files as needed
- Label and index files for easy retrieval
- Update file records as needed
- Remove outdated or unnecessary files
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive information
- To keep an up to date filing system for the office
- To be able to retrieve any file requested by staff in a timely manner
- Ensure all documents are filed correctly and efficiently
- Maintain confidentiality of all files
- Be organized and have attention to detail
File Clerk Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- There are no specific qualifications or skills needed to be a file clerk. However, some employers may prefer candidates with basic computer skills and prior office experience.