Assistant Project Manager Job Description Template
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for providing administrative and project management support to the Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for creating project schedules, managing project documentation, tracking project milestones, and communicating with project stakeholders. The Assistant Project Manager will report to the Project Manager.
Assistant Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Assist the project manager in developing and managing the project schedule
- Assist the project manager in developing and managing the project budget
- Coordinate with project team members to ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Monitor progress of the project and provide status reports to the project manager
- Identify risks and issues associated with the project and escalate to the project manager as needed
- Provide administrative support to the project manager as needed
- Manage and coordinate project team members to ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Prepare reports for upper management detailing progress of projects
- Work with clients to ensure their needs and expectations are being met
- Identify potential risks and roadblocks and develop contingency plans
- Ensure quality control standards are met throughout the duration of the project
Assistant Project Manager Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Assistant Project Manager vary depending on the organization. However, most employers require at least a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as business administration or engineering. Additionally, employers typically seek candidates with project management experience, strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently.