Administrator Job Description Template
The Administrator will provide administrative support to the team. They will be responsible for managing schedules, coordinating meetings and travel, preparing reports and presentations, maintaining files and records, and providing general office support. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to work independently with little supervision, and have a high level of attention to detail.
Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate all administrative activities.
- Supervise clerical and secretarial staff.
- Develop, implement, and monitor office systems and procedures.
- Ensure the smooth running of office operations.
- Handle correspondence and phone calls.
- Maintain filing systems (electronic and paper).
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for staff and visitors
- Ensure the smooth running of the office by coordinating administrative support services
- Monitor and control office expenditure within agreed budget
- Develop, implement and monitor systems, policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations
- Manage external contractors and service providers to ensure delivery of quality services in line with contractual agreements
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to provide administrative support services as required
Administrator Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of administrator vary depending on the organisation. However, most administrators will need good organisational and communication skills, as well as experience in using office software such as Microsoft Office. In some cases, a degree or other professional qualification may be required.