Store Clerk Job Description Template
A Store Clerk is responsible for providing excellent customer service to store patrons. They will maintain a clean and organized work area, as well as assist with stocking shelves and completing sales transactions. A Store Clerk must be able to lift heavy objects and stand for long periods of time.
Store Clerk Job Responsibilities
- Greeting customers and answering their questions
- Helping customers find the products they need
- Checking out customers at the register
- Answering the phone and taking customer orders
- Stocking shelves and keeping the store clean
- Working as part of a team to meet sales goals
- To accurately and efficiently operate the cash register, process payments and maintain proper cash drawer levels.
- To provide prompt, friendly customer service by assisting customers with their purchases and answering any questions they may have.
- To keep the sales floor clean and tidy at all times, restock shelves as needed and perform general housekeeping duties.
- To participate in regular inventory counts to ensure that stock levels are accurate.
- To report any discrepancies or issues to a manager in a timely manner.
Store Clerk Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- Some basic skills and qualifications needed for the role of store clerk include excellent customer service skills, good organizational and communication skills, and the ability to handle money and operate a cash register. Additionally, clerks need to be able to stand for long periods of time and lift heavy objects, as they will often be required to stock shelves and help customers with their purchases.