Stocker Job Description Template
A Stocker is responsible for keeping shelves and displays stocked with fresh merchandise in a retail setting. This includes unloading trucks, stocking shelves, organizing displays, and keeping the sales floor clean and presentable. A stocker may also be responsible for conducting inventory counts and ordering new merchandise when necessary.
Stocker Job Responsibilities
- Receives and stores incoming merchandise.
- Stocks shelves with merchandise.
- Keeps stock area clean and organized.
- May assist customers in finding merchandise.
- Unloads trucks and checks in merchandise against invoices
- To ensure that all shelves are properly stocked with merchandise.
- To keep the stockroom organized and tidy at all times.
- To maintain an accurate inventory of all merchandise in the stockroom.
- To assist customers in finding the merchandise they need.
- To unload shipments and put away merchandise in the stockroom.
Stocker Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of stocker vary depending on the employer. However, most employers will require applicants to have a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as experience working in a warehouse or retail environment. Additionally, employers may prefer applicants who have Forklift certification and are able to lift heavy objects.