Retail Sales Consultant Job Description Template
A Retail Sales Consultant is responsible for providing high-level customer service and driving sales in a retail environment. They must be able to build relationships with customers, understand their needs, and provide solutions that meet those needs. Retail Sales Consultants must be knowledgeable about the products and services they are selling and be able to effectively communicate that information to customers. They must also be able to handle customer concerns and complaints in a professional manner.
Retail Sales Consultant Job Responsibilities
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, warranty options, etc., to ensure that customers receive the best possible service at all times.
- Watch for security risks such as shoplifting in order to protect the store’s inventory and assets.
- To increase sales and grow the retail business by providing excellent customer service and expert product knowledge.
- To establish and maintain strong relationships with customers, providing them with personalized service to meet their needs.
- To maximize each customer’s shopping experience by offering assistance and suggestions in a friendly and professional manner.
- To contribute to the overall success of the store by achieving individual sales goals and targets.
- To stay upto-date on current trends, new products, and other changes in the retail industry in order to best serve customers and promote sales.
Retail Sales Consultant Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Retail Sales Consultant vary depending on the company, but typically include excellent communication and customer service skills, sales experience, and product knowledge. Some companies may also require a high school diploma or equivalent.