Retail Manager Job Description Template
The Retail Manager is responsible for all aspects of running a retail store, from hiring and training staff to ordering inventory and managing the budget. They must be able to work long hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed. The Retail Manager must be organized and detail-oriented, with excellent customer service skills.
Retail Manager Job Responsibilities
- The Retail Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the store. This includes supervising employees, maintaining inventory, and providing customer service. The Retail Manager must also ensure that the store meets all safety and security regulations.
- Achieve sales goals and targets
- Maximize profits
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Manage stock levels and inventory
- Ensure store compliance with company policies and procedures
- Train, motivate and manage store staff
- Handle customer complaints and queries
Retail Manager Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- A retail manager should have excellent customer service skills.
- A retail manager should have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A retail manager should be able to lead and motivate a team.
- A retail manager should have good organizational and time management skills.
- A retail manager should have good commercial awareness.