Procurement Manager Job Description Template
The Procurement Manager is responsible for the purchasing of goods and services for the company. They develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, negotiate contracts, and ensure that the products and services meet the company's quality standards. The Procurement Manager also manages the budget for purchasing, and works with other departments to ensure that their needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Procurement Manager Job Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the procurement department
- Develop and implement procurement strategies
- Source and select suppliers
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers
- Monitor supplier performance
- Ensure compliance with procurement policies and procedures
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market trends
- To procure materials and services for the company in a timely and costeffective manner.
- To manage and oversee the work of procurement staff.
- To develop and implement procurement strategies in line with the company's overall business strategy.
- To negotiate contracts with suppliers on behalf of the company.
- To ensure that all procurement activities are carried out in compliance with relevant laws and regulations
Procurement Manager Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field
- Procurement experience, preferably in a managerial role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Thorough knowledge of procurement processes and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and procurement software