Loss Prevention Officer Job Description Template
The Loss Prevention Officer will be responsible for the safety and security of the store and its customers. They will patrol the premises, monitor CCTV cameras, and investigate any incidents that occur. They will also liaise with the police in case of any serious incidents. The ideal candidate will have experience in loss prevention or security, and will be able to work well under pressure.
Loss Prevention Officer Job Responsibilities
- Monitor and patrol store premises to prevent theft, vandalism, and other illegal activity
- Greet customers and employees entering and exiting the store
- Inspect bags and packages before customers leave the store
- Respond to alarms and investigate suspicious activity
- apprehend shoplifters and deter potential shoplifters
- write reports documenting incidents and suspected criminals
- testify in court as needed
- To prevent loss of merchandise and company assets through proactive security measures.
- To deter potential thieves and shoplifters through visible security presence and monitoring.
- To investigate incidents of theft and vandalism, and gather evidence for prosecution.
- To provide customer service assistance to shoppers and store employees, as needed.
- To maintain a safe and secure environment for all customers and employees in the store
Loss Prevention Officer Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Loss Prevention Officer vary depending on the employer, but may include a high school diploma or equivalent, previous experience in security or law enforcement, and/or completion of a loss prevention training program. Some employers may also require certification from the International Association of Certified Security Professionals (IACSP).