Floor Manager Job Description Template
A Floor Manager is responsible for ensuring that all areas of the floor are clean and well maintained. They will also oversee the activities of the cleaning staff and provide guidance as needed. The Floor Manager will be expected to maintain a high level of customer service and work closely with the management team to ensure that all guests have a positive experience.
Floor Manager Job Responsibilities
- Hiring and training new floor staff
- Scheduling shifts for floor staff
- Ensuring that the sales floor is adequately staffed at all times
- Handling customer complaints and concerns
- Resolving conflict among staff members
- Monitoring sales figures and targets
- Motivating staff to meet sales targets
- Conducting regular performance reviews of floor staff
- Implementing new policies and procedures on the sales floor
- To coordinate and oversee the daily operations of the floor staff.
- To ensure that all floor staff are properly trained and follow company policies and procedures.
- To resolve customer complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- To maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- To monitor inventory levels and order supplies as needed.
Floor Manager Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Floor Manager vary depending on the company and type of business. However, most employers will look for candidates with previous experience in customer service or a related field. Additionally, employers may require floor managers to have basic math and computer skills.