Deli Clerk Job Description Template
The Deli Clerk is responsible for providing excellent customer service and maintaining a clean and organized work area. Duties include stocking deli case, preparing sandwiches, salads and other food items, taking customer orders, and providing pricing information. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment and be able to multitask efficiently.
Deli Clerk Job Responsibilities
- Restock deli shelves with meats, cheeses, and other items as needed.
- Keep the deli case clean and organized.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads, and other deli items as requested by customers.
- Weigh and slice meats and cheeses upon request.
- Operate the cash register to ring up sales of deli items.
- Stock other areas of the grocery store as needed or directed by management
- To provide excellent customer service by greeting customers, taking their orders, and preparing their food with a smile.
- To keep the deli area clean and organized, including the counter, shelves, and fridge.
- To stock supplies as needed and keep track of inventory levels.
- To ensure that all food is prepared fresh and according to health standards.
- To answer any questions customers may have about menu items or ingredients.
Deli Clerk Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of deli clerk include excellent customer service skills, the ability to work in a fastpaced environment, and basic math skills. Additionally, deli clerks need to be able to follow food safety guidelines and have some knowledge of different types of meats, cheeses, and other deli products.