Butcher Job Description Template
The butcher is responsible for cutting and preparing meat for customers. They must be able to use a variety of tools, including knives, saws, and grinders, to properly cut the meat. The butcher must also have knowledge of different cuts of meat and how to prepare them. They must be able to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of food safety.
Butcher Job Responsibilities
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats according to specifications
- Create custom cuts of meat requested by customers
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and equipment
- Keep accurate records of meat inventory and sales
- To efficiently and effectively process customer orders while providing excellent customer service.
- To maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area.
- To properly handle and store meat products to ensure quality and freshness.
- To trim, cut, grind, or tie meat products according to company standards or customer specifications.
- To weigh, wrap, and price meat products for sale.
- To stock shelves with fresh meat products.
- To rotate stock to ensurefreshness.
- To provide knowledge about various cuts of meats and poultry to customers
Butcher Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- A minimum of two years professional experience as a butcher is required.
- Proven ability to efficiently and accurately cut, trim, bone, grind, and tie various cuts of meat.
- Thorough knowledge of meat preparation techniques, including seasoning, marinating, smoking, and curing.
- Working knowledge of all types of commercial meat processing equipment.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and stand for long periods of time.