Assistant Store Manager Job Description Template
The Assistant Store Manager will support the Store Manager in all aspects of running a successful retail store. This includes responsibility for sales, customer service, staff management, stock control, visual merchandising and store operations. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with excellent communication skills and a proven track record in achieving results. They will be passionate about providing an exceptional shopping experience for our customers and motivating their team to exceed targets.
Assistant Store Manager Job Responsibilities
- Hiring and training new employees
- Scheduling employee shifts
- Handling customer complaints and concerns
- Maintaining store inventory
- Creating store displays
- Ordering store merchandise
- Balancing the store's budget
- To oversee and manage all aspects of store operations including sales, customer service, stock management, staff supervision and development, visual merchandising and store presentation.
- To ensure the achievement of store targets and KPIs in line with company objectives.
- To develop strong working relationships with team members and customers alike, fostering a positive environment in which to work and shop.
- To contribute to the ongoing development of company policies and procedures relating to store operations.
- To proactively identify opportunities for process improvement within the store and implement solutions as appropriate.
- To liaise closely with other departments within the company as required (e.g. Head Office, HR, Marketing etc.)
Assistant Store Manager Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Assistant Store Manager vary depending on the company and the specific position. However, some general skills and qualifications that are often required include: excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership qualities, previous managerial experience, good organizational skills, and the ability to multitask. Additionally, many companies require assistant store managers to have a bachelor's degree in business or a related field.