Medical Transcriptionist Job Description Template
The Medical Transcriptionist is responsible for transcribing medical reports dictated by physicians and other healthcare professionals. They must have excellent listening skills, be able to type quickly and accurately, and have a strong knowledge of medical terminology. The transcriptionist will also edit and proofread their work for errors before submitting the final version to the physician.
Medical Transcriptionist Job Responsibilities
- Transcribe and edit medical reports from dictated recordings made by physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Convert the transcribed reports into electronic health records
- Proofread and format the transcribed reports for accuracy and clarity
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information at all times
- Follow strict deadlines set by clients or employers
- To provide accurate and timely transcription of medical reports from doctors and other healthcare professionals
- To maintain confidentiality of patient information
- To edit and proofread transcribed reports for errors
- To generate transcripts in accordance with specific formatting guidelines
- To keep abreast of new developments in the field of medical transcription
Medical Transcriptionist Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- A medical transcriptionist typically needs to have a high school diploma, although some jobs may require postsecondary education, and must complete onthe-job training. They also need to be able to type quickly and accurately, have good listening skills, and knowledge of medical terminology.