Church Administrator Job Description Template
The Church Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the church office and works closely with the Pastor and church staff. The Administrator provides administrative support to the congregation, staff, and leadership teams. He or she manages the church calendar, coordinates church events, and handles all communication from the church office. The Administrator is also responsible for maintaining church records and overseeing the office budget.
Church Administrator Job Responsibilities
- The Church Administrator is responsible for the dayto-day operations of the church. This includes managing staff, overseeing finances, maintaining church property, and ensuring that the church runs smoothly. The Church Administrator also works closely with the Pastor to ensure that the church’s mission is being carried out.
- To develop and maintain efficient administrative systems for the church.
- To oversee the dayto-day operations of the church office.
- To manage the church's finances and budget.
- To coordinate and oversee all church events and programs.
- To serve as a liaison between the pastor and the congregation.
Church Administrator Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Church Administrator vary depending on the size and type of church. However, most churches will require their administrator to have excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills. In addition, administrators should be proficient in using computers and various software programs. Many churches also prefer that their administrators have some background in accounting or finance.