Produce Clerk Job Description Template
The Produce Clerk is responsible for stocking, organizing and cleaning the produce department. They must be able to lift heavy boxes and bags of produce, and stand for long periods of time. The Produce Clerk will also help customers with questions and special orders.
Produce Clerk Job Responsibilities
- Receive and unload incoming shipments of fresh produce
- Inspect and sort produce for quality
- Stock shelves with fresh produce
- Rotate stock to ensure freshness
- Price and tag produce for sale
- Assist customers with selecting produce
- To keep the produce area clean and organized
- To stock shelves with fresh produce
- To rotate produce so that the oldest is used first
- To help customers find the produce they are looking for
- To answer questions about products
- To provide excellent customer service
Produce Clerk Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- The skills and qualifications needed for the role of Produce Clerk are:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.