Equity Research Associate Job Description Template
The job of an equity research associate is to support the lead analyst in the production of high-quality, actionable investment recommendations for clients. This includes conducting in-depth company and industry analysis, financial modeling, and preparing presentations. The equity research associate must be able to work independently and be a self-starter. He or she must have excellent communication skills and be able to clearly articulate investment ideas. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience working in equity research or a related field.
Equity Research Associate Job Responsibilities
- Conducting in-depth financial analysis of companies in order to generate investment recommendations
- Constructing detailed financial models to forecast future performance and identify trends
- Building relationships with company management teams, sell-side analysts, and other industry sources
- Keeping abreast of relevant industry news and developments
- Working closely with the sales team to communicate investment ideas to clients
- Assisting with the preparation of marketing materials
- To conduct analysis of potential investments and provide recommendations to clients
- To monitor trends in the marketplace and keep abreast of new developments in the industry
- To prepare detailed reports on companies and industries for internal and external distribution
- To liaise with investment bankers, fund managers and other professionals to generate leads and gather information
- To maintain strong relationships with clients through regular communication and updates
- To contribute to the team's success by working collaboratively and sharing knowledge
Equity Research Associate Job Skills & Qualifications Needed
- A bachelor's degree in business, economics, or a related field is typically required for this position.
- Equity research associates must have strong analytical and math skills.
- They should be able to effectively communicate their findings to clients and other interested parties.
- Familiarity with financial analysis software programs is also helpful.